I'm going to start posting some word lists for ESL learners, beginning with this one:
http://www.roadtogrammar.com/wordlists/list1.html
This is a list of words and phrases connected to figurative language. I've always found that advanced learners have a lot of questions about these words. All definitions are from the open source dictionary (wiktionary.com). Please go ahead and use the list as you wish.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pronoun Quizzes
I have expanded the number of quizzes n pronouns and clumped them together in the index page to make them easier to find. The topics and lin...
-
The RoadToGrammar Text Analyzer is a free-to-use web app that will analyse the difficulty level of a piece of text. To use it, simply go t...
-
One of the most popular PDF downloads on Roadtogrammar is the set of 100 Warm-up questions. It is now available as a web page with a prese...
-
I'm putting together a suite of custom GPTs to support ESL learners. This is custom GPT number seven . This GPT is focused on business ...
-
If you've never tried a Rebus Puzzle before, it's a play on words presented as a picture. Here are some examples: ...
-
How Long Does It Take To Learn English Someone asked me this the other day and I do think that it is a fair question. However, it is difficu...
No comments:
Post a Comment